Convocation Day Schedule of Events
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Cap and Gown Pick Up – Meeting Room 107
- Signs will direct you to the gowning room. Staff will be available to assist you.
- Pick up your cap and gown early so that you have time before Convocation to take pictures with family and friends.
- Programs will be available for graduates in the gowning room.
- There will be a supervised coat check in the gowning room for graduates
1:15 p.m. – Assemble for Convocation Procession
- With your gown and cap on, move to the procession line. TASSELS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
- Graduates will receive their degrees in the following order:
- Master of Arts in Biblical and Christian Studies
- Master of Information Systems Assurance Management
- Master of Information Systems Security Management
- Bachelor of Education (After-Degree)
- Bachelor of Environmental Health (After-Degree)
- Bachelor of Arts (four-year and three-year)
- Bachelor of Management (four-year)
- Bachelor of Science (four-year and three-year)
- Please line up alphabetically (by last name) according to your degree (follow the program). Signs for each degree will be posted. Marshals will be able to help you.
2 p.m. – Convocation Ceremony – Hall H
- Maintain an interval of two to three feet from the person in front of you. As you enter the hall, the marshals will direct you on where to sit.
- Men: Tradition dictates that you remove your mortar board when you are sitting.
- Women: Please keep your mortar board on throughout the ceremony.
- If you already have a degree, do not wear your previous hood during the ceremony.
- If you are receiving two degrees at this convocation, please remove the first hood you receive before going up to receive your second hood.
- As you approach the stage you will receive a name card. Hand this card to Dr. Manfred Zeuch on the side of the stage and wait until he reads your name aloud.
- Proceed across the stage to kneel and receive your hood. If you are physically unable to kneel, stand beside the kneeler and lower your head to receive your hood.
- After receiving your hood, walk to the Chancellor to shake his hand and pause for a photograph.
- Return to your seat as directed.
- Please refrain from leaving before the ceremony is finished. Convocation is a celebration for all graduates!
4 to 6 p.m. – Chancellor’s Reception – Hall G
- Join the Chancellor’s Reception and celebrate your success!
Pick Up Parchment & Return Gown
- Pick up your parchment package from the robing room.
- Return your gown before 5:00 p.m.
- Failure to return your gown may result in the withholding of your official transcripts, shipping charges for returning the gown to the rental company, and/or the cost of the gown.